The Pistoiese Promusica Foundation is based in the historical centre of Pistoia in Palazzo De’ Rossi. Built in the 1700s by the noble De’ Rossi family, this building is a prestigious example of Tuscan architecture, characterised by the interior which is decorated with fresco and stucco , with a monumental staircase connecting the three floors and a spacious boardroom on the main floor.
Here, in what is referred to as the “Saloncino della Musica” , where Chamber music concerts have been hosted since 1955, organised by Don Mario Lapini in association with Circolo Pio X – Amici della Musica, Chamber music seasons are still held here today by the Pistoiese Promusica Foundation.
In 2003 the Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Pistoia e Pescia, to whom Don Mario Lapini donated Palazzo De’ Rossi, decided to set up the Pistoia Promusica Foundation so that the concerts, which characterised Palazzo De’ Rossi, could keep growing. The new Foundation had a wide range of objectives, with consistent dedication and structured on the promotion and spreading of musical culture through the organisation of concerts, shows, seminars, conferences and didactic and training programmes. During its first ten years of activities the Pistoiese Promusica Foundation had managed to place itself amongst the most significant and lively organisations both regionally and nationally, particularly thanks to the organisation of seasons of Chamber and Symphonic music.